Warehouse Team Leader
Kukoon Rugs is a family run business based in Newry, Co Down shipping to customers all across the World. Due to continued growth and expansion plans we are now recruiting for a Warehouse Team Leader.
We live by our values - so if you are always looking to find a better way of doing everything, continuously developing yourself and love being part of a team that respects every member - you will fit right in!
This is a new role and as a Warehouse Team Leader you will be a key part of our growth strategy. Sunday - Wednesday 5am-5pm
So what will you be doing at Kukoon.com –
- Coach and mentor all warehouse operatives.
- Responsible for Workforce Planning, arranging staff rota and work shift patterns, using data to build forecasts.
- Achieve a warehouse on-time performance of 99.9%+ and be able to identify root cause exceptions relating to under performance.
- Coordinate daily cycle counts to achieve >95% inventory accuracy.
- Track the quality metrics (FOCs), and provide coaching and retraining to top offenders.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers, ensuring a flexible warehouse where operatives are cross-trained in various roles.
- Track and report out productivity numbers, ensuring all team members are aware of their numbers and the baseline.
- Daily Monitor of inbound and outbound order flows, anticipating and relieving any bottlenecks.
- Ensure all warehouse tools and equipment are fit for purpose and enforce the compliance of all health & safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Present at the team meetings, delivering a clear message and motivating the team.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Ensuring all accidents and near misses are recorded in the appropriate manner in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis regarding Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
We’d love to meet someone with..
- Experience within a high-volume warehouse environment.
- Exposure to a range of warehouse activities including inbound processes, put-away, order picking (large and small items) and shipping.
- Working understanding of the WMS system (Warehouse Management System).
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to deliver results.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivation skills.
- Proficient computer and reporting skills.
What’s in it for you?
Generous salary and pension matching
● Kukoon Health including Randox annual check
● Great training and development opportunities
● Opportunities to attend events in the UK and Ireland
● Annual leave that increases with length of service
● Huge staff discount
● Great culture and fun social activities
● New state of the art canteen
For further information or to send your CV and any portfolio to HR - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Kukoon reserves the right to enhance the criteria.