Logistics and Facility Manager
Kukoon Rugs is a family run business based in Newry, Co Down shipping to customers all across the World. Due to continued growth and expansion plans we are now recruiting for a Logistics and Facility Manager.
We live by our values - so if you are always looking to find a better way of doing everything, continuously developing yourself and love being part of a team that respects every member - you will fit right in!
This is a new role and as Logistics and Facility Manager you will be a key part of our growth strategy.
So what will you be doing at Kukoon.com –
The Logistics and Facility Manager is responsible for ensuring continual optimal operations of logistics services and facilities. (i.e. Couriers, Physical Plant, Security, Maintenance, Grounds and Contractors, while maintaining a professional and solution focused attitude).
● Build a logistics strategy and be responsible for the implementation of site logistics strategies to drive operational efficiencies
● Develop overall operational targets for freight and distribution expenditures in conjunction with Finance.
● Develop, maintain, and report on metrics for monthly reporting around logistics spend and efficiency metrics such as weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews
● Accountable for ensuring delivery rate is held at 99.9%+ and that all orders are dispatched, from all warehouses, on time.
● Partner with logistics providers to develop optimal solutions for warehousing and delivery
● Maximize the productivity of the supply chain process and reduce the overall logistics transaction cost.
● Design and lead the implementation of logistics’ improvement projects.
● Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues or to escalate and communicate them well in advance.
● Track all the company’s assets, as well as the couriers assets, ensuring supply is always maintained above threshold.
● Ensure safety in Logistics operations and drive safety awareness programs to vendors and service providers.
● Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors, warehouse teams and Kukoon stakeholders to represent Kukoon’s core values.
● Order and coordinate materials and services necessary for the repair, maintenance, and construction of building systems.
● Requisitions tools, equipment, supplies, and assets; maintains electronic records of all assets.
● Drives continuous improvement in Environment, Health & Safety performance, while assuring comprehensive operational compliance.
● Ensure safety and security of all sites. Through corporate security develop and manage a site crisis management and business continuity plan(s). Respond to facilities related emergencies.
● Maintain service agreements with contractor service providers such as: mechanical, electrical, custodial, security, grounds, food services, and office services.
● Manage inspection and emergency preparedness activities.
● Ensure appropriate PPE is provided to all team members and visitors.
● Perform Risk analysis on incoming equipment, and enforce the needed changes.
● Ensure all licenses are up-to-date for all team members, being proactive with new equipment being brought in.
● Ensure the properties are maintained in pristine condition at all times.
● Ensure all State and Local codes are maintained and initiate permits when required.
We’d love to meet someone with..
● Bachelors degree - preferred mechanical or electrical background.
● Intermediate excel skills with proven ability to draw actionable outcomes from data analytics.
● Strong negotiation skills, with a proven background of finding the best deal. .
● Lean or six sigma experience highly valued
● Logistics and order management system experience
● Ability to identify areas for improvement and has a proven track record of implementing change and delivering results.
● Think independently and balance multiple projects through to completion
● Strong collaboration and influence with management and cross function teams
● Independent work initiative, good judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
● Strong & confident communicator at all levels
While this role is based in Newry we require flexibility to travel to our new facility in Liverpool if required on occasion.
What’s in it for you?
● Generous salary and pension matching
● Kukoon Health including Randox annual check
● Great training and development opportunities
● Opportunities to attend events in the UK and Ireland
● Annual leave that increases with length of service
● Option to work from home on occasions as agreed with your Manager
● Huge staff discount
● Great culture and fun social activities
● New state of the art canteen
For further information or to send your CV and any portfolio to HR - email@example.com -
Kukoon reserves the right to enhance the criteria.